Halo+ Help
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have 3 Halo+ Smoke detectors that I bought for Iris. I put one online awhile back and kept other 2 in box...when Iris announced shutdown, I hardwired the 2 new ones up & put them online for manual redemption which Iris support approved and allowed me credit--which I have yet to get anything from Iris.

Anyway, one of the new Halo+ has beeped every minute from day one since I put online. I assume that the rechargeable battery is faulty in it and since it can't be replaced (that I see) is this smoke detector just trash now? Anyone ever torn one of these open to replace the battery? With Halo out of business I can't find anything on them...I know St will support Halo but the rechargeable battery must not hold a charge even though it's brand new. Any ideas? Trash it? I just hate to throw away a brand new 130.00 smoke alarm.

mojo2600

I have 3 Halo+ Smoke detectors that I bought for Iris. I put one online awhile back and kept other 2 in box...when Iris announced shutdown, I hardwired the 2 new ones up & put them online for manual redemption which Iris support approved and allowed me credit--which I have yet to get anything from Iris.
Anyway, one of the new Halo+ has beeped every minute from day one since I put online. I assume that the rechargeable battery is faulty in it and since it can't be replaced (that I see) is this smoke detector just trash now? Anyone ever torn one of these open to replace the battery? With Halo out of business I can't find anything on them...I know St will support Halo but the rechargeable battery must not hold a charge even though it's brand new. Any ideas? Trash it? I just hate to throw away a brand new 130.00 smoke alarm.

mojo2600
I tried replacing mine and found a similar battery but it just continued to beep, trash it.

Iris Who?

Thanks dusterp...that #%*^$# beeping Halo+ has gotten me in trouble. I set it outside in garage because of the beeping & it was scaring the cat, so I put it in backseat of my wife's 2nd car--one she rarely drives.

Well lo & behold she left out for work in it yesterday morning and it's an hour drive commute for her. Well now I'm in the "doghouse" after 2 hours of her driving with that $%&*** thing in the backseat!

I'm in the doghouse because I didn't want to scare the cat. LOL.

The only thing that may make her feel better is that I got a surprise in the mail today--my Iris cards.

Halo+ is going in tomorrow's trash. Sleeping in the doghouse with a beeping smoke alarm isn't fun!

mojo2600