Seeking simple clarity
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Ok, just need clarity here without all the fluff. Will Iris equipment work after March? Will the Iris equipment version one and version two work with smarthings? Sorry if this is some where else. I tried numerous different “different” searches and couldn’t filter for clarity! Thanks!!

Iris hub and v1 devices will be paperweights after 3/31. The v2 devices will work with Smartthings and others. There are some experiential projects to attempt to keep the paperweights alive but nothing reliable at this point.

Iris Who?

I thought the V1 hub was dead and done for a long time, with no promise of support from anyone in the future. It is a doorstop.

But, I thought the Iris V2 and V3 hubs had a chance at a future, at least according to some of the posts here so if I had one I would not toss it at this point or int he near future. Hang on and see what shakes out in a few months. There may be some life in them yet.

I thought the V1 hub was dead and done for a long time, with no promise of support from anyone in the future. It is a doorstop.
But, I thought the Iris V2 and V3 hubs had a chance at a future, at least according to some of the posts here so if I had one I would not toss it at this point or int he near future. Hang on and see what shakes out in a few months. There may be some life in them yet.
Hence my experiment comment

Iris Who?

10 minutes ago, Vettester said:

It may be beta, but it's progressing very quickly.

Indeed it is. I am impressed with the progress in stability and device variety. The SRF guys are working very long hours/weekends, interacting with beta testers and pushing out revisions.

26 minutes ago, pavalov said:

Indeed it is. I am impressed with the progress in stability and device variety. The SRF guys are working very long hours/weekends, interacting with beta testers and pushing out revisions.

Yep, I was on the phone with them today and considering the time difference, it was definitely after hours in the UK.

19 minutes ago, Vettester said:

Yep, I was on the phone with them today and considering the time difference, it was definitely after hours in the UK.

I received a call at 8 pm their time (and a Saturday!) -- probably had just hung up with you. Got several different Zwave devices profiled and working.