Any HomeSeer Users Here?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Homeseer has been around for a while. I am surprised no one commented on them or relayed their experience with their system if you've tried it.

Their site says they have a free mobile app and free remote access plus all processing is local, not cloud-based.

They have a number of different controllers. The Zee S2 looks to be based on a Pi3, the others look to be mini computers.

Homeseer can even control your archaic X10 stuff that you gave up on and packed away 10 years ago.

The app looks to be nicely laid out, see this short YT video:

They offer some unique options of monitoring system status, such at this option which lets you see system status on all wall switch in your house.

RGB LED Indicators

In normal mode, LED indicators glow to reflect the on/off/dim status of each circuit using a palette of 7 possible colors. Normal mode colors can be set once and left or can be programmed to change every day or on holidays, birthdays and other special events. For example, you can program dimmers to glow green and red on holidays

In status mode, individual LEDs can be controlled to reflect the status of nearly anything in the home. For example, if it's after midnight and the garage door was left open, the 3rd LED on all the bedroom dimmers can be programmed to glow yellow (or any color). If a smoke alarm goes off, all LEDS on all dimmers can blink red. If no status conditions are active, wall switches automatically return to normal mode.

Here's a list (too long to include in this post) of compatible devices and products from their website. No mention of Iris or Centralite though.

https://homeseer.com/compatible-products-3/

https://homeseer.com/homeseer-plug-ins/

I have a Pi 3b+ and the Homeseer USB stick already so I am going to try their software for the Pi3 which has a free 30 day trial license. After that it's $99 to continue using the Pi software and no monthly fees.

Here's what I will say as my first impression of HomeSeer, just from what I have played around with today. There are a number of free drivers but then there are many you will pay to add additional capabilities to the basic HS software package. $29 here and $49 there and pretty soon you'll have $600 or more wrapped up in software alone depending on what you need to connect to your choices in hardware.

I was told in an email they didn't have support for Iris ZigBee devices without reverse engineering them which I guess they have not done.

No support for Iris V1 devices of course so for me that's a big negative because I have so many that I would like to continue using and not have to trash 70+ devices that still work IF there is software and a hub to go along with them.

So I will play with HomeSeer for a bit more. I have a 30 trial on the software, and I'll see where that goes.

Hi guys - we launched an IRIS to HomeSeer upgrade promo today. It offers 15% discount for our base hub (HomeTroller Zee S2), a 20% discount on the more advanced hub (HomeTroller SEL) and 30% off any HS3 software license (in case you want to make your own hub). To learn about it, check out this page: https://homeseer.com/iris/

I'm available for any questions. Feel free to reach out. - Mark Colegrove, HomeSeer