Don't throw away your V1 devices just yet!
6 6

49 posts in this topic

This is all great news for all of us who haven't figured out what platform to transition to. Until I saw this I thought that SystronicsRF was going to be the only way to go due to the numerous Gen 1 devices I have, but now I can buy an actual HUB from Hubitat, not have to create my own HUB, and then still buy the software or pay a monthly fee.  Hubitat all the way!  Seeing as how March 31st is just around the corner, is there an ETA on the new Hubitat version that supports these IRIS Gen 1 devices and also when a mobile app for Android and IOS is expected?

Hubitat has a web interface that they call "dashboards" that works on mobile device's web browsers.  PeteSal's screenshot above is one -- Did you notice that was off a phone?  I don't think a mobile app would add anything useful.

Okay, I'm finally getting around to doing my Compensation from IRIS for my devices and will be pairing some stuff I have lying around that I saved. Do they have to be Online or can they be paired and Offline to get the credit for them? 

Also, with the Hubitat do you need any New Hub or will the IRIS Hub be able to be used or Update it's FW to control everything. Sorry to be late in the game on this but work has kept me so busy with traveling and of course I need to finally get my redemption done and work to get stuff converted over to something new so that I can still have Security along with Home Automation. 

Also, it looks like from reading does the Hubitat only do HA? I'd like to have both Home Security + HA like it was with IRIS. 

22 minutes ago, ITATodd said:

Okay, I'm finally getting around to doing my Compensation from IRIS for my devices and will be pairing some stuff I have lying around that I saved. Do they have to be Online or can they be paired and Offline to get the credit for them? 

Also, with the Hubitat do you need any New Hub or will the IRIS Hub be able to be used or Update it's FW to control everything. Sorry to be late in the game on this but work has kept me so busy with traveling and of course I need to finally get my redemption done and work to get stuff converted over to something new so that I can still have Security along with Home Automation. 

Also, it looks like from reading does the Hubitat only do HA? I'd like to have both Home Security + HA like it was with IRIS. 

New Hubitat hub is $99 from their website,  you can't use the iris hub.  Hubitat does both Security and HA.  I had around 50 devices on Iris which I brought over including about 20 V1 devices.

41 minutes ago, ITATodd said:

Yeah they need to be paired. Not sure if they have to be online when you call probably better if they are. You can only get another $300.00 above what they showed on your redemption link. You can try to get more but it will have to be esculated to and you will need to wait for an answer, as I understood it anyways. I just took the $300.00. 

I paired a few devices just after the initial announcement that I had just not bothered to pair before.  When I applied for the rebate it did not include them. They apparently took a snapshot at the time of the announcement.  I called and they revisited my list and paid for the newly paired ones as well.  Basically if it doesn’t see your new devices call them,  They were very nice about it.  

15 minutes ago, ITATodd said:

Lowes IRIS Support Number not working. How to contact them to get my rebate updated showing the new devices. Anyone know how to reach out to them?

Did you get your main rebate?  No need to call for that, but no if don't know any other way, send an email maybe.  probably all the support people have left..

It's okay, I got it resolved. Got my rebate and then the $300 additional since I did have more V1 stuff. Now to decide which route to go.

Amazon sent an email to IRIS users saying they will give 20% off a ST3 hub. Nice offer but I think I'll be looking at Hubitat. Sounds like they are working hard and making things happen over there. 

11 hours ago, ITATodd said:

It's okay, I got it resolved. Got my rebate and then the $300 additional since I did have more V1 stuff. Now to decide which route to go.

Amazon sent an email to IRIS users saying they will give 20% off a ST3 hub. Nice offer but I think I'll be looking at Hubitat. Sounds like they are working hard and making things happen over there. 

On April the 18th I'm going to be on a podcast with Jim Collison, Mike Wieger and Hubitat will be there. I'll hope to be smart enough about things to discuss it all with them.

Check their Twitter feed in conversations with me, particularly about Iris. They're making a big announcement tomorrow per them. I'm doing a temp run on ST3 hub today, but sometime

in the next 2 week install a Hubitat Hub before that podcast. 

Great News! I just downloaded the latest Hubitat system update which now includes support for Iris V1 devices.  I am happy to report that I have successfully paired 4 V1 contact sensors and the  V1 range extender to the Hubitat C5 hub.  The contact sensor attributes include battery level, temperature, contact state, and tamper.  Hats off to the people at Hubitat!  Their efforts have saved me hundreds of dollars.  This is going to allow Hubitat to sell a lot of product.

In

2 hours ago, OortCloud said:

Great News! I just downloaded the latest Hubitat system update which now includes support for Iris V1 devices.  I am happy to report that I have successfully paired 4 V1 contact sensors and the  V1 range extender to the Hubitat C5 hub.  The contact sensor attributes include battery level, temperature, contact state, and tamper.  Hats off to the people at Hubitat!  Their efforts have saved me hundreds of dollars.  This is going to allow Hubitat to sell a lot of product.

Installed Smart Things yesterday. Motion sensor paired, 2 garage doors, 1 with issues, no go on my two CT-101 thermostats. Leaving tomorrow for 7 days at work. I'll order a Hubitat hub to have it here by the time I return. For obvious reasons ($$$) thermostat compatibility is a big deal. Also looking at sharptools.io to make hubitat prettier and easier.

1 hour ago, awraynor said:

Also looking at sharptools.io to make hubitat prettier and easier.

Give the new Dashboard 2.0 a spin before you do, especially since Sharptools charges now.  It's still not to the level of prettiness that SharpTools is, but it runs locally and you may find that it fills your needs.

I'm going to order the Hubitat hub so it'll be at the house when I get there Thursday night and I'll have the weekend to give it a try. 

Didn't have a lot of time, but ST would not pair with my thermostats. Put them back on Iris in seconds.