A unified forum
3 3

7 posts in this topic

As we evolve away from the Iris platform this forum will no longer be a favorite to any one platform.  Instead, the Admins hope this becomes the goto place for all things Home Automation.

Accordingly let's keep the platform favorites out of the equation and work towards sharing information and help to benefit all.

There have been many super helpful members contributing along the way and I hope this trend continues and the forum grows to be bigger and better for all.

I support this. The forum could become known as the source of information for all things related to HA systems, not just one particular brand. And since there is considerable movement within the various brands to accommodate devices from other manufacturers then the forum would be in sync with this trend.

Any plans to change the name? I am not proposing so, just curious. I am happy with the current moniker, it speaks to the roots of the forum and the common thread we all have.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:51 PM, scunny said:

As we evolve away from the Iris platform this forum will no longer be a favorite to any one platform.  Instead, the Admins hope this becomes the goto place for all things Home Automation.

Accordingly let's keep the platform favorites out of the equation and work towards sharing information and help to benefit all.

There have been many super helpful members contributing along the way and I hope this trend continues and the forum grows to be bigger and better for all.

This is a great idea....I finally removed the last device from the Iris V2 hub tonight, and I have much of what I needed running on Hubitat, but there are still "gaps".  I'll keep checking this forum, looking for solutions, regardless of platform, to solve the need.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:51 PM, scunny said:

I was just thinking the same thing. As much as I hate the death of Iris, at least we now know it's officially dead instead of wondering. I love the renewed enthusiasm in the forums, how we are transitioning to other products and helping one another out. 

On 3/28/2019 at 7:27 PM, Thepurplewing said:

Hooray, I’ve been on SmartThings for over two years and it’s a love/hate relationship, Samsung has some strange ideas on some things but the system works pretty well.

Really?  At first I had to work through some bugs but once I got all the functionality back I had with Iris (except native support for calling on alarms), I *love* ST.  I love the Geofencing and custom audio alerts (both via Alexa and via the Aeotec Doorbell - Halloween should be fun) so much it makes me wish I had just trashed Iris as soon as v2 came out just for those two things.  Of course then I wouldn't have had my new gear paid for by Lowes so... worth the wait I guess!  Anyway I'm not doing anything terribly complicated with it but except for a slightly longer delay in lights reacting to buttons, everything runs a lot smoother so I'm really super pleased with it.

I’m glad I left Iris when I did. I had a system fulls of bugs and issues and support had become terrible.
I bailed and was able to return it all to Lowe’s and get a refund.
ST is good but they are making a transition to the app and it has bugs and for now, you must use both apps.