Time will tell

3 posts in this topic

I found this official news release from Samsung, we will see if they keep to their word.

For consumers who’ve invested in Iris by Lowe’s sensors, SmartThings already works with the majority of these sensors and will support the full line in time for Iris users to easily transition to SmartThings when the Iris by Lowe’s service ends on March 31. All that’s needed to connect is a SmartThings Hub ($69.99) with a compatible Android or iOS device*, and Samsung’s support team is available to assist with the migration process.

7 hours ago, neoleo2003 said:

I found this official news release from Samsung, we will see if they keep to their word.

For consumers who’ve invested in Iris by Lowe’s sensors, SmartThings already works with the majority of these sensors and will support the full line in time for Iris users to easily transition to SmartThings when the Iris by Lowe’s service ends on March 31. All that’s needed to connect is a SmartThings Hub ($69.99) with a compatible Android or iOS device*, and Samsung’s support team is available to assist with the migration process.

...So I bought a ST V3 hub in the event that the VeraSecure doesn't work out. Good to know and hope that it's true. 

I have the Iris v2 contact sensors, smart plugs, motion detectors, water leak sensors, GE switches, Yale and Schlage locks that I had on Iris, linear garage door controller, the 3rd party original water leak sensors, and Iris v2 buttons all working with ST without any extra code needed.  The Iris v2 keypad required a custom DTH so I didn't keep it added although it worked, it wouldn't work when the internet was down due to it using a custom DTH so I didn't see a reason to keep it connected as that is really the only time we would use the keypads since we use Geofencing to arm/disarm.