Who hasn't migrated already?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I have not. I am playing chicken. I originally decided smart things, then thought I would wait for Systronicrf, then I looked at hubitat, briefly thought about open home all the while hoping Arcus will rise from the ashes.  

But I really have a question of my own.  Do I need to unpair all my devices before Iris’s final breath? Would that make the easier to re-pair later?

1 hour ago, thegillion said:

shhhh I am a mix 1f8552f3b590ac117feb4bc5f84fea4e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Does this mean you have given up on ARCUS? I've been looking at Hubitat but I was hoping to find something that would work with my Nest thermostat. IRIS turns it on and off when I set and turn off the alarm. Like your photo suggests I will probably end up with more than one system. One for security and another for home automation at a minimum. I guess that's what we get when HA and associated security options are in their infancy. Seems to me Alexa and Google Home Assistant are really missing the boat by not offering a security option as well as HA not requiring voice input.

arucus is still in the works but I also like to play with other hubs and devices. I am also using "Walmart" smart plugs too. I never like to be locked into 1 thing and I did it with Iris and it sucks so I am not going to let that happen again. 

5 hours ago, thegillion said:

arucus is still in the works but I also like to play with other hubs and devices. I am also using "Walmart" smart plugs too. I never like to be locked into 1 thing and I did it with Iris and it sucks so I am not going to let that happen again. 

I definitely understand not wanting to be locked into one thing. I have bee considering SimpliSafe for security and I'm looking for something that can integrate my Arlo cameras, Ring doorbell, and Nest thermostat along with IRIS G2 motion sensors and IRIS WiFi Smart Plugs for home automation. I think Wink would handle all the HA stuff but I've read that a lot of those who have tried it say it's has issues. I'm still looking.

13 hours ago, Eddie said:

But I really have a question of my own.  Do I need to unpair all my devices before Iris’s final breath? Would that make the easier to re-pair later?

I would unpair everything. If you unpair everything through Iris all your devices will be ready to pair with a new system. If you leave them paired, and Iris goes down, you will have to individually reset each item through each ones manual reset process to pair them to a new system/hub.  One click to unpair on the Iris app right now, will save you work later.

I'm "stopping by" my parents house tonight to migrate them over to ST.
Their hub is already setup, (I did this last weekend while visiting) so I just need to move their stuff over from iris and pair the replacement devices they purchased to replace their V1 stuff. I got all my stuff migrated over and have a pretty good understanding of the system, so it should go pretty smoothly.
For my install the IDE shows 79 devices. I've got a handful of virtual switches, harmony activities, and other weird stuff in there, so the real number is closer to about 65, but that doesn't include the sensors and keypads and stuff for my ring alarm system or the echo devices I have in each room and other random smart home stuff that doesn't directly integrate with ST. This brings my total of smarthome devices to around 100.
My parents will probably end up with about a dozen devices connected, so it should be a walk in the park.

Me, been so busy at work the last month I have had little time to think about migration to another platform. I have had a ST v2 hub for a while running alongside Iris but with only a couple devices, mostly those that Iris would/could not support like power monitors, multi sensors, and a doorbell.

Today I will disconnect the remainder of my devices from my 2 Iris hubs and add some to ST. I have a couple other systems (Homeseer and Vera) so I may play with those. But for now I think ST will be where I am headed and I'll see what shakes out with Arcus and SRF.