No monitoring needed, but...

5 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of going with the Smarthings V3 hub, but I would just like to confirm if there a service fee to just get notifications if there is break in? Also, does anyone know if the IRIS/Utilitech sirens are compatible with Smartthings V3 too? Lastly, are people using the Smart Things sensors or going with a third party sensor that works better (I only have V1 Iris sensors that will have to be replaced!)? BTW, what are the "premium services" they offer? Do they mean the ADT monitoring (which I'm not interested in) or are there other premium features they sell?

Thanks!

Maybe think about Hubitat again.  They just released support of V1 sensors!  I'm up and running where I left off from Iris, never used monitoring, but getting notifications of intrusions.  Utilitech sirens are listed as supported.  I don't have any of those, but I do have a Utilitech leak detector that "just worked" even though it is not on the supported list.

Holy shit, I didn't even know it existed. I read the thread but I'm still unclear about this: does Hubitat allow scheduling for turning the alarm on and off, or to turn lights on and off? Also, there are no charges because it is self monitoring, correct? lastly, does it support the Iris tilt sensor for my garage door? This would be awesome if I don't have to buy new sensors for my 20 V1 sensors!!

No monthly charges on either ST or Hubitat, unless you go with the ST ADT hub and want their monitoring which you said you didn't.  IRIS/Utilitech sirens work with both ST and Hubitat.  Currently Hubitat does Push notifications via Pushover which is a charge if you want to use that however they are supposedly coming out with an iOS/Android app soon which will have its own Push notification capabilities so Pushover should no longer be necessary.  Both ST and Hubitat can do Geofencing for arming/disarming, with ST it can be done via their app or Life 360 integration, Hubitat is currently limited to Life 360 but their promised app is supposed to have that ability built in as well.  ST doesn't work with any Iris v1 devices currently and the ST sensors have been problematic for me, Hubitat is supposed to work with Iris v1 Contact, Motion, keyfob, and buttons and it works with pretty much all of the v2 Iris devices too as well as a host of other devices.  Both ST and Hubitat support the Iris/Linear Garage Controller with tilt sensor but if your talking about the NYCE tilt sensor I'm not sure Hubitat supports many NYCE products but it isn't listed and mine died years ago and I replaced it with a Iris v2 contact sensor.  I'm really starting to like Hubitat even though getting used to the management interface takes some patience and time.

Thank you so much for all this great info. I ended purchasing the Hubitat, although I wasn't aware it couldn't do push notifications, and apparently it needs to be setup properly if you need to arm and disarm remotely through a cell phone, but Im willing to put up with these headaches if I don't have to buy anything else other than the hub. I guess I have a long weekend ahead of me! Thanks again!