Gamma Stage Offer from SystronicsRF
5 5

15 posts in this topic

Just received an e-mail from Systronics RF with an offer to participate in the Gamma stage and it's notes users on the Beta.

Problem for me is that I don't see my thermostats or garage door openers on the list of 43 fully functional devices. 

I went back and reread the invite. It states " We will be sending a further email in the next few days, which will contain the information for installing and using the system."

Not sure what timeline that suggests. Maybe you should respond to the link at the end. Not following that as I have my hands full with Hubitat. Like a kid in a candy store that doesn't know what to eat first.

Although I get it that they need to make a living, and therefore need to charge for their product, the price seems a bit out of whack compared to the competition.  On top of that, Hubitat supports all the devices I am interested in without having to buy/build the HW separately.

I know they were working this weekend on control system stability issues, with a control system update due tomorrow. That may be delaying the software version they plan to send out for the gamma test.

The email I got indicated I could register for the GAMMA on the 16th of April and that I would "be able to install the Control System, and start using it immediately."  They also provided links to 4 different PDF files detailing their current progress, their planned progress going forward for Gen 2 hardware and Wireless IPO cameras, specifically what Pi to buy, and how to configure it.  It arrived in my inbox Wednesday morning.