My story.
1 1

3 posts in this topic

So with the closing of Iris, I guess its time to tell my story. 

I started using Iris in the V1 days no beta just a user. I was happy with it. Then V2 came in and like everyone else I ran with the missing parts and was not okay with this. So I started to look around and saw commands getting sent to the server using WebSocket and knowing I can send commands with JavaScript over WebSockets I started working on the Iris Web Portal. When doing the testing for the web portal I saw a big bug in Iris so I called support and well that didn't go anywhere.  I then I PMed with some people on this forum and that turned into a phone call, showed them what I could do with this bug and it needed to be patched. I then I got a call from the lead dev from Iris about the bug. A patch was put in place within a week and I was placed on the beta team. As for the Iris Web Portal. When we would have a monthly call the beta team would bring up what the community wanted and needed. We would get "We would look into it" or "It's on the road map" than I would build it on my portal in a matter of hours maybe days. Then force there hand or show them it could be done. This went on from about a year or 2. I was never a dev or anything like that but I knew more about Iris than may of the users did and talked with the devs weekly. We signed an NDA as part of the beta team so this is about as much as I can give out. 

Thank You for sharing your story. You were/are a Iris genius and i am glad you had a positive impact on their team to move forward many of the Iris functions the community needed and wanted. I hope you have everything you need for Arcus, but if you need back-end infrastructure (servers, vm's, bandwidth, etc) let me know.