IRIS in hospice. Family Gathered Around
3 3

9 posts in this topic

IRIS is in hospice.  The care center nurse said all family members are gathered around.

IRIS is not taking water. She is comfortable and resting peacefully.

Hasn't had food for over a week, and stopped taking water yesterday.

It appears that she may not live through the night for those in the Pacific Time zone.

If you wish to make a last visit, it is strongly recommended that you do so immediately.

RIP.  I heard they had a new CEO that came from Home Depot. He wanted to steer operations into their Core Business. Lowes had an excellent opportunity to develop a product but they chose not to even educate the Personnel, advertise or promote their product heavily.

I'm switched over to Hubitat and they finally were able to utilize the version one products. Hats off to all the folks at Hubitat for all of their hard work. My transition has not been easy. I do believe I have most of my items transferred over but I have to learn the new system. It was mentioned somewhere on the Forum that we were spoon-fed from Lowe's Iris. Now we have to make a drastic change and we're doing the best we can.

Lowe's did make it pretty easy for us to set rules lights switches, but now we have to learn the whole new system. It seems that has a awful lot of potential but there's a learning curve.

7 hours ago, sparc said:

The NORAD Santa Tracker has been online for 60 years and is still operational.

Al Gore didnt invent the internet 60 years ago! haha... but yes i understand your point

16 hours ago, mikeyc said:

Al Gore didnt invent the internet 60 years ago! haha... but yes i understand your point

Back in 42 BC (Before Cellphones), when Al Gore was about 12, ARPANET didn't
exist, and the WWW wasn't even a dream of Vince Cerf and Bob Kahn, NORAD
made its Santa Tracker Reports on evening radio and TV newscasts.

8 hours ago, sparc said:

Back in 42 BC (Before Cellphones), when Al Gore was about 12, ARPANET didn't
exist, and the WWW wasn't even a dream of Vince Cerf and Bob Kahn, NORAD
made its Santa Tracker Reports on evening radio and TV newscasts.

I miss those days... sort of.  As the youngest in my family every time a tracker alert broke in on the Christmas Eve movie they all turned and looked at me and went "woooooo"... just like they all do to Ruby Sue in Christmas Vacation when Clark claims he heard on the news Santa was on his way in.  As an introvert who hates attention, it drove me *insane*.