GE Z-Wave Plug-in Dimmer

9 posts in this topic

I have a GE plug-in dimmer module # ZW3103 made by Jasco. When it was connected to my Iris  V2 hub it worked fine for years, one of the few GE Z-Wave devices /I had that did work.

Anyway, I disconnected and removed it from Iris before the shutdown, no error messages and no problems encountered when removing it.

I have been trying to get it to work with my ST v2 hub but nothing. It seems totally dead, I can't even manually push the button on the front and get it to turn on.

I tried the reset procedure a couple times but nothing. The always on side has power, just can't get anything going on the 'smart' side. :-)

Was working fine right up to when I removed it from Iris, now nothing.

Any ideas? Could it have been killed off or left in a state that it can not recover from during the removal process? It was not a forced removal.

3 hours ago, Vettester said:

I had the same thing happen to same brand of switch. To fix it I threw it in the garbage and bought another switch.

LOL!! That's one way to solve the problem.

14 hours ago, Vettester said:

I had the same thing happen to same brand of switch. To fix it I threw it in the garbage and bought another switch.

Yeah, I was afraid that was the solution. I could buy another from Jasco but once bitten twice shy.

On ST go to the More tab in the classic app then Click on Hub is Online then Z-Wave Utilities and General Device Exclusion then when ST says to tap the up or on part of the switch to exclude it, even though you did in Iris.  It should show it excluded a device, if not you may need to move the hub closer.  Then you should be able to include it.

That may work, I don't know. But it doesn't explain why it will not actuate manually when the button is pushed.

But I am not above trying again, maybe the 12th time is the charm.

If I can't get it to turn on manually there doesn't seem to be any need to try to connect it to work through ST.

I have other switches like this and I was able to sync them to ST. The only difference is they are on/off and
this one is a dimmer type.

Sorry, I missed the part about it not even turning the lights on.  That sounds like an air gap switch issue (small tab under the switch you can pull out and push back in after a minute to reset power to the switch) or possibly just a dead switch.

1 hour ago, Terk said:

Sorry, I missed the part about it not even turning the lights on.  That sounds like an air gap switch issue (small tab under the switch you can pull out and push back in after a minute to reset power to the switch) or possibly just a dead switch.

No air gap on these guys.  It's probably toast.

download.jpg