SHM and Motion Sensors

5 posts in this topic

Have any of you had luck decreasing the sensitivity of motion sensors using SHM?  They are REALLY sensitive which is great, but I would like to be able to have two or three of them triggered before my alarms go off.  Iris used to do this easily.  I'm not finding an easy solution in ST yet. 

Thanks!

lol.  Smart Home Monitor, Smart Thing's attempt at Home Security Monitoring.    What I am learning as I go is that with the dual apps, each iteration of SHM only communicates with that particular version of the app and they are not synchronized.  Kind of a pain.  When you switch to use the latest app, you lose the ability to easily configure the SHM to and lose a bit of functionality.  I'm trying to be proactive and use the new app even though I've been using the old one for a few years now. 

From what I have been reading is to set up a scenario where your SHM alarm will trigger when multiple motion detectors are tripped, you have to aggregate that data by creating virtual motion sensors in zones where they create their own event when tripped that triggers the SHM to alert of an intruder.   I'm going to try to fumble my way through that over the next couple days and see what happens.  Apparently doing so is very easy in the older app, and quite a bit harder in the new one.   

Have you had any luck getting this working?  I'd like to add motion sensors to my security devices again, but single motion sensors cause too many false alarms for my scenario.  

I have not found a way to do this in either app. And I have not figured out what loonytim is referring to, or how to do it I guess is more correct.

Why not a simple IF x = YES, AND  y = YES,  AND z = NO  THEN <do something>

I want to tell ST when in AWAY if the door sensor #2 OPENS and Motion #1 is TRUE THEN <sound the alarm> AND <send me a SMS msg> AND <flash all of these lights>

I want to do that from within the app not from a 3rd party app because I want it to all be processed locally in the hub.