Aerotek Dry Contact Sensor

3 posts in this topic

I bought a Aerotec Dry Contact Sensor. I wanted to try using it to connect my old hard-wire alarm system door and window switches to Iris but I never did set it up there. I now have it joined to my ST hub and in the classic app it displays the status of the sensor but the logic is reversed. When a jumper is placed between the dry contacts the app says the sensor is OPEN, when the jumper is removed the app says it's CLOSED.

The old hard-wired alarm system magnetic door/window switches are NO and when the door or window is closed the switch is closed. They were in a NC loop so if any one door or window was open you would know it and could not arm the system or if a wire in the loop was cut you'd get an alarm. Every door and window in the house and garage (including the overhead doors) is included in this loop so it would be nice to get it working with ST and not have to buy 20 battery operated devices and have to maintain them. I can monitor them all with this one sensor. But. I need to get the logic reversed to reflect the correct status of the loop which the sensor is reading correctly but the ST app is reversed.

Any idea if it's possible to change how ST handles the status of this device?

Here's a link to the datasheet.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/zwave_device_uploads/267/Dry-Contact-Sensor-Gen5-manual.pdf

7 hours ago, Terminal said:

Check out this  thread on the  ST community.  Sounds like they have a DTH you can use.

Thanks, the Z-Wave Reverse DH worked, but that puts it in the cloud. I tries the Z-Wave Tweaker DH and was able to change the parameters as stated and the device said it updated, and it worked until I set the DH back to the default Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor which is what they said to do, but then it reverted back to the reverse logic so I went back to using the Z-Wave Reverse DH.