Gen 1 device limit?
1 1

36 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, sparc said:

If only there was an easy way for users to see a map of their ZigBee and Z-Wave networks and the relationship between each of the devices in those systems as in who's talking to (or through) who.

With Hubitat you can see the routing table currently being used.

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=2, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data
child:[Garage Backyard Door, 578D, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Family Room Lamps Button, 8713, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]

Neighbor Table Entry
[Basement East Lamp , 01BE], LQI:249, age:5, inCost:3, outCost:3
[Basement Landing Lamp, 0559], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Master Closet Charger, 1D47], LQI:215, age:1, inCost:5, outCost:0
[BlueLine Power , 2A4A], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:3
[China Cabinet Light , 3853], LQI:252, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:0
[Entertainment Center, 398E], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Scentsy, 4C82], LQI:251, age:6, inCost:3, outCost:3
[Washer, 84F2], LQI:251, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:3
[Toolbox Outlet South , 931E], LQI:252, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:3
[Basement Hallway Outlet , 9818], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[East Cameras , ACD5], LQI:253, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:1
[Basement West Lamp , B1F3], LQI:253, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:1
[North Toolbox Outlet , BCC6], LQI:249, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:3
[Living Room Lamp, D428], LQI:249, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:3
[Kitchen Lamp, EB7F], LQI:253, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:1
[West Nightstand Lamp, FD73], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Alarm Cancellation, 75D7] via [East Cameras , ACD5]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Front Door, 2F3B] via [Living Room Lamp, D428]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Workbench Motion , C671] via [Kitchen Lamp, EB7F]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Basement East Window, B996] via [Basement East Lamp , 01BE]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Master Bedroom Door, FA61] via [Kitchen Lamp, EB7F]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Laundry Motion, C9D8] via [Basement Hallway Outlet , 9818]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Celica, 7240] via [Basement Hallway Outlet , 9818]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [East Nightstand , EF3E] via [Basement Hallway Outlet , 9818]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [East Gate Contact, FA72] via [Toolbox Outlet South , 931E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Master Bedroom Lamp Switch, 290A] via [Kitchen Lamp, EB7F]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Kitchen Window, F95D] via [Washer, 84F2]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Family Room Motion West, A66B] via [East Cameras , ACD5]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Dining Room West Window, C292] via [West Nightstand Lamp, FD73]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Craftroom Motion , 6272] via [East Cameras , ACD5]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Basement West Window , 370A] via [Basement Hallway Outlet , 9818]

On 5/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, hxn said:

Update: 10 more Iris V1 added without difficulty. Also, I have no devices that claim to be Zigbee repeaters. Interesting that the Iris V2 Smartplugs have "Zwave Plus" marked on the back of them, but they pair only under the Zigbee network. I have heard that the Zwave portion of this plug functions as a Zwave repeater, but Hubitat does not recognize or register any Zwave component.

You have to pair the V2 Smartplug as two separate devices, one for the Zigbee and one for the Z-Wave.  The two devices in the example below are the same plug.

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 3.41.40 PM.png

2 minutes ago, Vettester said:

You have to pair the V2 Smartplug as two separate devices, one for the Zigbee and one for the Z-Wave.  The two devices in the example below are the same plug.

I've tried that - but Hubitat seems unable to pair or find the second device after pairing either the Zigbee or Z-wave first. Did you use a particular order?

1 hour ago, hxn said:

I've tried that - but Hubitat seems unable to pair or find the second device after pairing either the Zigbee or Z-wave first. Did you use a particular order?

I paired the Zigbee first at the plug’s final location then I brought it next to the hub with an extension cord and did a z-wave exclude.  After exclusion I paired the z-wave and then returned it to it’s final location.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:00 PM, Vettester said:

With Hubitat you can see the routing table currently being used.

With SystronicsRF, the current routing table is available as well:

IMG_0007.thumb.PNG.a8f6afabe56d2e5c9c816dfb785e9c1d.PNG

The best way to map your Zigbee mesh is to pick up an Xbee X2C for about $30 and use XCTU to create a true map.  Of course, with any mesh network, this is eye candy and to ensure that routers are routing.  It can also be useful to know the preferred neighbor that a SED is using, but it’s virtually impossible to determine the actual route messages are taking.

8 hours ago, IrisUsers said:

The best way to map your Zigbee mesh is to pick up an Xbee X2C for about $30 and use XCTU to create a true map.  Of course, with any mesh network, this is eye candy and to ensure that routers are routing.  It can also be useful to know the preferred neighbor that a SED is using, but it’s virtually impossible to determine the actual route messages are taking.

I work with IP based mesh networks and wouldn't refer to mesh mapping as eye candy, but more of an etch-a-sketch mess.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 8.43.45 PM.png

The SystronicsRF system natively breaks them out into Gen1 ZigBee, Gen2 ZigBee, and Z-wave coming next. This is my Gen 1 mesh graphically.  It is a great improvement over what we had before because it uses device names rather than numbers as ID's, but I find their nested lists more useful. Using the mesh does allow you to mouse-over the devices and see the specific connection highlighted:

IMG_0008.thumb.PNG.7953bd9bc70febd39bb727e2945781ff.PNG