Nest Gen 3 stainless SOLD
1 1

14 posts in this topic

$125 shipped.  This is my current thermostat and the only reason I'm selling it is because of the recent decision by Google to halt the Works With Nest program.  It is in absolute perfect cosmetic and mechanical condition.  I have all of the original packaging including unused mounting hardware, back plate and documentation.

If you want this type of thermostat this is a great change to save 50%.

I wish that I could switch to the Ecobee.  I am just in too deep with the Nest thermostats.  I have 2 Nest thermostats and 5 temperatures sensors.  I think that for now, I will just not migrate to the Google platform and see what happens.  I read somewhere that the only downside is that you do not get the benefit of the Google platform which to me is no benefit unless you consider being porked in the hind end as a benefit.

Sounds like I may not have to switch.  I am going to wait and see what happens.  I really don't need all that much from a thermostat.  As long as it will follow my schedule and I can set the temp with voice commands with Alexa I'm good.  II also need to be able to access remotely.  If that requires google assistant , then I will switch.

According to this blog, maybe the basic functionality I use will still work.  So I will wait and see, also the Ecobee 4+ is about to drop I hear.  So when Aug 31 rolls around if it turns out they have taken away any of my must have integrations, unless I switch to google assistant, I will see about an Ecobee 4+