Page load speed?

7 posts in this topic

Out of curiosity, about how quickly do you find pages load with Hubitat? My device seems to be running much slower than I see in videos online and lately I have had some hiccups with SHM so I am wondering if there is a bigger problem under the hood. For instance, if I click devices it will sometimes take 10 seconds to load a page, same if I select a device. On the device level I seem to also have some issues with enabling or disabling things in a timely fashion, yet it seems quicker through the dashboards. I have tried rebooting the hub but the timing issues persist. Has anyone seen something similar or know of a fix?

Are you connecting to your hub via the local IP address rather than the original cloud address they give you to get your hub setup?  I'm guessing your talking about the pages like apps, devices, settings, ... that are loading slowly?  The pages like settings, Apps, and Devices all load pretty quickly via my local IP (around 2 seconds over my VPN connection since I'm remote at the moment).  My 1 cloud dashboard loads fairly quickly ~4 seconds sometimes but often it has issues if I try to refresh it, but my local dashboards load quickly ~2 seconds and refresh just as fast.

Yes direct connect on LAN using the IP on my network. And yes, loading the devices page can take quite a while. I was reviewing more threads on Hubitat's forum and it seems like many are suggesting disabling features to see what the issue is starting with 3rd party apps. Out of curiosity, do you have an Ecobee? It seems many of the people in one thread I was reading had one connected. 

I have had a bunch of weird behavior lately and not quite sure what to make of it. For instance, I set the SHM to arm away when my wife's keyfob leaves for more than 5 minutes. When she returns it is set to disarm immediately and turn on the light in the entry. If she comes on and sees the light isn't on she knows she has to disable the alarm. She can use the button on the keyfob or the keypad. The other day when we came home the light was on, the keypad was beeping (which apparently doesn't mean much) so I hit the button on the fob. It kept beeping but it seems the beeping doesn't always correlate to entry warning being active. Shortly after that the alarm went off and I tried to enter the code through the keypad. I did this several times but it didn't stop the alarm. Then I tried to load the device but at 10-15 seconds per page load it was getting a bit obnoxious. The only way to shut it off was with the siren device tab. Once off I went to logs and saw that the last 6 entries were to disarm. So I have no idea why this wasn't disarmed and why the siren went off.

We have Nest but not integrated with Hubitat.  The only 3rd party apps I have installed right now are BI Control, Combined Presence, and Super Tile, the Drivers are Axis-Gear-V3, Custom WU Driver - New Format, iPhone Wifi Presence Sensor, Lightify Zibee Button, and SuperTile Display Device.  We use Life 360 presence sensors rather than physical fobs but SHM has been working great, we haven't had a false alarm since moving from Iris except when I tried to add some motion sensors which our cat triggered almost immediately.

Very strange...it almost seems like mine is hung up waiting for something to complete before it moves to the next task. The only thing that doesn't correlate is that it actually saw the multiple attempts to disarm yet still sent the command to the siren to go off.

Txs.. I did try removing the app and it seemed better but the recent update seems to have made more of a difference. But that was with a fresh reboot of the hub so I don't know if that is just an artificial improvement.