GE/Jasco Have Some New Wall Switches Coming Out

13 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, sparc said:

Been pretty dead here just trying to drag up anything to keep this place half alive. :-)

This forum is on life support and just waiting for someone to pull the plug.

On 6/11/2019 at 8:01 PM, sparc said:

It's summer time, most boards/forums slow down this time of year.

Summer may have somewhat of an impact but I think the majority of the regulars on this forum have moved on to bigger and better things. 

With the Iris shutdown driving everyone to find alternative solutions, I imagine many folks are splitting their time between here and forums specific to their chosen alternative SH system.  For instance, I'm spending most of my time with the gamma testing for SystronicsRF, but keeping an eye on my friends back here to see what systems they are migrating to and the problems they face.

Regarding the new Jasco switches, I particularly like the physical changes they've made which should make installation much easier:

"Jasco and GE have shrunk down the depth of its new switches by 20%, making it easier to fit in tighter spaces and making it more accommodating for homes new and old. The design duo have also eliminated heat tabs on the sides of the switch, which is designed to make it easier to install. . . . new smart control features including line-load sensing terminals. This is designed to eliminate any of the guesswork that comes with testing line and load wires while installing your switches. Dual offset ground ports also save time during the installation process, making it easier to install the switch and reducing the amount of wire congestion . . ."

The size was always my problem with the GE switches.  Glad to see them reduced in size but it is a day late and a dollar short.  I have already replaced every single switch in my house with the original Zwave switches.   If I had to do it all over again, I'd go with the Zigbee ones.  Anyone know if they will shrink too?

On 6/14/2019 at 6:57 PM, Otto Mation said:

Glad to see them reduced in size but it is a day late and a dollar short.  I have already replaced every single switch in my house with the original Zwave switches. 

Same here. I'm not going back and retro-fitting now.