Iris WIFI V1 Smart Plug
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Not necessarily, they could be used to shock some reality into the moron Marvin Ellison.  Speaking of which has everyone seen the latest from one of his cronies he brought from his disaster at JC Penney?

https://www.ibtimes.com/lowes-evp-slammed-racist-derogatory-remarks-hispanics-issues-apology-2818721

Bummer..  

I bought a large box of IRIS items and got about 20-30 Wifi adapters..

Guess I'll throw them away or put them on ebay and see if someone can use them..

But I got a great deal, so I'm not complaining..

Thanks for the information..

In theory they can be pointed to an Arcus instance, but I'm not sure how to do that and haven't put any time into it. If someone has some time to look at the Arcus android/ios app and see how they pair the device, and determine if it's possible to set the server URL there, then they should be able to be revived.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, Vettester said:

If you are referring to RIS-WSP2PA-LW Model #CW1606A these were tied to the Iris cloud.  Since the cloud service was discontinued on March 31 they are useless. 

It's a shame they've been bricked once registered with an Iris account and Iris shut down.

What about one that had never been used, still new in the box, would the situation be any different?

38 minutes ago, sparc said:

It's a shame they've been bricked once registered with an Iris account and Iris shut down.

What about one that had never been used, still new in the box, would the situation be any different?

Nope, they are still useless unless you can figure out how to utilize the internal components.  Here's a teardown of the device.

Save yourself the aggravation.  Here is a WiFi plug that reports energy and has built in scheduling with it's app for 9 bucks each for a 2 pack.  I'm using these for remote hub rebooting if necessary.

https://www.amazon.com/Outlet-Compatible-Monitoring-Function-Required/dp/B079Q5W22B/ref=asc_df_B079Q5W22B/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242027088707&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16296018320404247230&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012375&hvtargid=pla-416726957705&psc=1