Switching to ST New App

5 posts in this topic

Not all smart apps support the new ST app fully yet.  The new ST app uses different Groovy display requirements than the old app did.  The developer for the one smart app I'm still running on ST said he hasn't had time to rewrite it yet but is planning on it.  So for now I'm still on the old app.

If you have some simple routines or  smartlighting routines you want to move over to the new automations then that would probably be okay to start doing.  Most of my automations are in webcore, so I am not doing anything until I am forced to.

I figure at some point we'll be forced to switch. There's a bunch of stuff pretty broken right now in the latest version of the old app, so I have to keep it at version 2.17 to have everything "right". So that was the reason I was going to go ahead and try to migrate.

Well I ended up deleting everything from the old app (apps, scenes, and automations) and adding them back in manually in the new app. All works fine EXCEPT the thermostat. No matter what I do it doesn't work. Just creating an automation doesn't work at all for the thermostat, it just ignores them completely. Tried deleting them, and creating them again. Tried disabling them, re-enabling them. I've since tried making a scene for them, and using a scene to control the thermostat and then call the scene in the automation, but then those only work randomly. When I say randomly, it's more like very rarely.