Iris GL08_2 Wi-Fi Smart Outdoor Plugs
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have two of these. I'm sure it's been discussed here some time in the past but after 15 minutes of searching the forum and the web I can not find anything about them other than the little bit of info on t Lowes support site.

https://www.irisbylowes.com/support/?stStep=004;D;f:011,e41974fd-46a3-4ecb-98ed-a43a82a60a35;f:012,acf39f86-c2b5-4a46-a97b-495e5191e57e;g:027

I've tried to pair them with Alexa directly since they are Wi-Fi and shouldn't need a hub.

Am I wrong?

I think I tried these before and the answer was they are not compatible with any system. 

But I'd just like to verify that before I trash them. If I could get them to work with Alexa or SmartThings that would be nice.

Kind of like the Iris cameras do if you do not reset them.  Fortunately the Iris cameras have an API that allow you to reset them and use them independent of the Iris servers as I have tried to explain in another thread over and over to someone who doesn't understand.  The un-reset cameras are usable un-reset but do continue to search for the Iris servers which just causes unnecessary traffic.  Resetting them eliminates this problem.  Unfortunately this is not the case for the other Iris WiFi devices.   I am not talking about you Sparc, I know that you understand what is going on. 

Thanks Otto, no reset for the outdoor plugs huh.

Any idea who makes them? I could not find them under any other brand name.

It does says Intertek on the back and there is a number, but I tried searching on that and came up empty.

Where is our resident hacker John (gillian) when you need him? 🙂