Wink moving to paid / subscription model

3 posts in this topic

Yeah, the Wink users are flooding into the Hubitat forum now.  I think that the 5 bucks a month that they want to charge is not unreasonable but no one has any faith that this will keep them alive or bring new features and fixes.  I read that Wink employees are not being paid.  Seems to me that if this was the model that you were going to move to, it probably should have been done long before now. 

This from the Wink blog seems a bit harsh: 

Should you choose not to sign up for a subscription you will no longer be able to access your Wink devices from the app, with voice control or through the API, and your automations will be disabled on May 13. Your device connections, settings and automations can be reactivated if you decide to subscribe at a later date.

Yea, I picked up a Wink not long after starting with Iris.  I picked up the Wink 2 hub a while back on clearance at Walmart.  They ended up sitting on a shelf in my shop because they have just been stagnant for so long.  I ran the Wink hub alongside the Iris hub for quite a while just because of the ability to use the Lutron stuff directly with the Wink hub.  I converted everything from Iris to Wink when Iris shut down, but soon switched to Smartthings and never really looked back.