Remote Speaker
4 4

8 posts in this topic

It would be really nice if Iris could offer a remote speaker.

Explanation;

Currently, all messages from the Iris system come out of the speaker in the Hub.  The issue is that in many situations, the hub is not right next to the most commonly used door in the home / business.  The issue arrises when you attempt to arm the system from a keypad and the hub starts talking telling you that a sensor is open and the system cannot be armed.  Well, when the hub is upstairs in the kitchen, and my front door is downstairs on the other side of the house, I can tell that Iris is talking, but cannot hear what she is saying.  However; if there were a wireless remote speaker, or even a remote speaker which requires 110 volts, I could simply place it on the small table next to my door, plug it in, and then when the system starts talking to me, I could hear it.

This same issue is also annoying when i come in and disarm the system.  It gives me a tone telling me that it received my input to disarm, but the system is still beeping at me.  Now....Iris says something when I disarm, but i have never been able to hear it as the hub is so far away (for best internet reception).

Just a thought.  Please comment, or advise.

Thanks,

checkert

I think the keypad is too simple of a device to make voice announcements. If Iris was really on top of their game, push notifications to mobile devices could roll out system sounds from your mobile device speakers, including door bell and door chime.

This is an interesting idea.  I'd almost bet this can be done using the API and Tasker.

Well, our HUB is in the bedroom so it works great for us in there, but when downstairs or in other parts of the house....it would be nice to HEAR what IRIS is saying via the Keypads or YES a push notification to your cellphone. None of what I meantioned, I wouldn't think would be hard to accomplish.