Alternate Android App
8 8

221 posts in this topic

v1.5 should be available soon with the following changes:

-Rules (click on a Control, Device or Lock row to see any rules associated with it)

-Presence Screen (can someone test and let me know if its working as I don't have any keyfobs)

-Fixed crash on the lock screen due to timeout (the app will still wait about 30 seconds but shouldn't lock the phone)

v1.5 should be available soon with the following changes:

-Rules (click on a Control, Device or Lock row to see any rules associated with it)
-Presence Screen (can someone test and let me know if its working as I don't have any keyfobs)
-Fixed crash on the lock screen due to timeout (the app will still wait about 30 seconds but shouldn't lock the phone)

I have the update and the presence works fine. As soon as I pulled into my driveway I refreshed and it changed from away to home.

The rules feature also works fine except a couple of things that would be useful:

It does not report rules on groups and it does not report a schedule on a device. Maybe just an oversight but if not these would be a great enhancement to this feature.

Just wanted to give a quick feedback.  So far I'm liking it!   I am amazed by how quickly this app works compared to the official IRIS app.  Just blown away by the responsiveness!   One thing I kind of got messed up on, I think it may be nice to have a "submit" button for the thermostat controls.  I accidentally clicked on the bar and set my house to 90* for a second (which turned the furnace on)  A little toooo responsive for the thermostat section. ;)   Is there a plan for a dashboard giving a brief overview of all systems like the current home screen?  (alarm status, history, temp, lights on/off, etc.)  

Just wanted to give a quick feedback.  So far I'm liking it!   I am amazed by how quickly this app works compared to the official IRIS app.  Just blown away by the responsiveness!   One thing I kind of got messed up on, I think it may be nice to have a "submit" button for the thermostat controls.  I accidentally clicked on the bar and set my house to 90* for a second (which turned the furnace on)  A little toooo responsive for the thermostat section. ;)   Is there a plan for a dashboard giving a brief overview of all systems like the current home screen?  (alarm status, history, temp, lights on/off, etc.)  

I don't have a plan for a dashboard at this point, but maybe once I can get all the main app features on, this can be a future enhancement. As for the thermostat, I was actually thinking about putting the plus and minus buttons on there so it would be possible to adjust by small amounts easier. The wheel is a tad sensitive. Maybe do a preference where you can pick which control you like best.

New update coming!

v1.6: Bug Fixes, New Features

-Moved Settings, Help and Login menu items to the menu bar

-Added ability to secure application or only Security screen with a PIN

-Fixed issue with special characters in password during login

-Fixed issue with Thermostat cooling not setting in auto mode

-Fixed overlapping long names on the Device screen

-Pets Screen

-Irrigation Screen

-Infinite History list

-Hopefully fixed the crash some of you reported

Can someone let me know how the Pets screen is working?

Small update coming to fix a few issues. I was also able to add the state for dimmers, switches and locks on the Devices screen.

v1.6.1: Bug Fixes

-Fixed irrigation zones
-Fixed irrigation text case
-Added 1 minute increments for irrigation
-Fixed stop delay
-Fixed PIN screen alignment
-Added state for switches and locks on the Devices screen

Small update coming to fix a few issues. I was also able to add the state for dimmers, switches and locks on the Devices screen.

v1.6.1: Bug Fixes

-Fixed irrigation zones
-Fixed irrigation text case
-Added 1 minute increments for irrigation
-Fixed stop delay
-Fixed PIN screen alignment
-Added state for switches and locks on the Devices screen

Thanks for the continued and rapid support.

Is it possible to have the fan controller indicate low, medium or high on the state?

Is it possible to stop the devices page from defaulting to the beginning on refresh similar to the way you changed the controls page on a earlier release?

Also, the smart plug now shows the state as on instead of the wattage usage and it shows the temp at 32 which of course this device does not report temp.

Bug fixes update is coming.

v1.6.2: Bug Fixes and few small tweaks

-Added PIN locking to the Locks screen if Security PIN is set
-Added filter status to the Thermostat screen
-Multiple thermostats
-Fixed Smart Plug status reporting on the Devices page
-Speed and Intensity reporting on the Devices page
-Ability to login as a secondary user

Can someone who has multiple thermostats let me know if it's working for you? You should get a dropdown on the Thermostat screen if you have multiple ones.

Can you provide the next watering time on the irrigation screen so that when looking at the screen you could easily determine if the controller is in the manual or schedule mode?

Also is it possible to stop the devices screen from repositioning to the top on a refresh/update similar to what you did on the controls page?

post-8-0-91426800-1423837487_thumb.png

Can you provide the next watering time on the irrigation screen so that when looking at the screen you could easily determine if the controller is in the manual or schedule mode?

Also is it possible to stop the devices screen from repositioning to the top on a refresh/update similar to what you did on the controls page?

Having some issues with the Devices screen going back to top (for some reason it's not working the same as the Control screen) so will wait until a later version to fix that.

v1.7: Bug Fixes, New Features

-Dashboard Screen
-Care Screen
-Updated overall theme a little
-Minor bug fixes

Does anyone use Care? If so, please let me know how it's working.

Thanks for the update and the irrigation change.

All I'm seeing on the dashboard is a blank screen.  I've cleared the cache and restarted phone and no change on the blank screen.

Thanks for the update and the irrigation change.

All I'm seeing on the dashboard is a blank screen.  I've cleared the cache and restarted phone and no change on the blank screen.

Hi Yuriy,

I am only seeing a blank screen for the dash board also.  I have also been thinking about the Window Blind State.  I think it is possible that Iris does not store the window blind state and the wheel may not be the best option.  The stock apps only have three options Up, Fav and Down but never am I able to determine where the blinds are set through the apps.

159141295.jpg

159141298.png

Ah, it's the power meter that's probably causing issue for your guys with Dashboard showing blank - I had to take a guess on what it was returning. I'll fix it in the next update.

I agree about the shades, I'll probably make it into a select box to select the status just like the pet door. Probably will do the same for the fan as well.

What about when selecting temp on the dashboard it would show a list of devices that report temp vs the thermostat? I know it on the devices page but this would show temp only. Then when you click on it could it show temp history in a graph?

I saw you had cameras on the dashboard, are you working on a viewer for that? May be just do a basic IP can viewer then any cam could be seen in your app since most use other non-iris cams.

Any progress in allowing something that will toggle magic rules on or off?

Last question, any progress in making the app act like a key fob?

Thanks for the work on this! Great job.

What about when selecting temp on the dashboard it would show a list of devices that report temp vs the thermostat? I know it on the devices page but this would show temp only. Then when you click on it could it show temp history in a graph?

I saw you had cameras on the dashboard, are you working on a viewer for that? May be just do a basic IP can viewer then any cam could be seen in your app since most use other non-iris cams.

Any progress in allowing something that will toggle magic rules on or off?

Last question, any progress in making the app act like a key fob?

Thanks for the work on this! Great job.

Good suggestion on the temperature click. Graph may be down the road. Using phone as a keyfob is next on the radar and so are the cameras. Magic rules on/off may be after that.

Ah, it's the power meter that's probably causing issue for your guys with Dashboard showing blank - I had to take a guess on what it was returning. I'll fix it in the next update.

I agree about the shades, I'll probably make it into a select box to select the status just like the pet door. Probably will do the same for the fan as well.

As always Yuriy, I am happy to test the apk for you for before you upload it to google play.  I have blinds, fans and the power meter.  Thanks again.