Alternate Android App
8 8

221 posts in this topic

You must use the same dropbox account for the presence to work.  I would remove the apps or clear the data in the app if you know how.  Re-sign in and make sure you are using the same dropbox account for presence.  Also make sure you have set autoaway and autohome checked.  It also takes 5 minutes for autoaway to occur if you have left that at the default.  You can test it by just turning off WiFi on the phones for more than 5 minutes.  Turning Wifi back on, on either phone should immediately turn Iris to home mode.

That did it, thanks for the help. I had initially set it up as separate dropbox accounts then switched it to use the same but didn't uninstall the app first. From your advice I removed the app and set everything up using the same dropbox and it is now showing 2 at home.

But, you do or do not need to use a dropbox acct for an iPhone? I'm the only one in the house that has an Android phone as well as an iPhone, so I'll need to setup mostly iPhone's. Since I have both an iPhone and Android with me at the same time (Usually) will this be an issue having both of them setup like key fobs? Any chance we can have magic rules like they do with the regular key fobs?

But, you do or do not need to use a dropbox acct for an iPhone? I'm the only one in the house that has an Android phone as well as an iPhone, so I'll need to setup mostly iPhone's. Since I have both an iPhone and Android with me at the same time (Usually) will this be an issue having both of them setup like key fobs? Any chance we can have magic rules like they do with the regular key fobs?

Yes, you will always have to use a Dropbox account if you want to use your phone as a keyfob. For iPhones, Dropbox is connected on the IFTTT side. If you always carry both phones, I would just set it up on one but you can do both as well. I doubt I'll be able to do magic rules for this and if it will ever happen it will most likely have to be a separate set of rules that is not part of the standard magic rules.

Can you extend the field for temp on a sensor to 3 digits to allow for 100 or greater?

It should already allow it - I'm just displaying whatever is coming from Iris. Are you saying that 100 is not being displayed correctly?

It should already allow it - I'm just displaying whatever is coming from Iris. Are you saying that 100 is not being displayed correctly?

It is working, my mistake. Yesterday I saw an outside sensor reporting 99. A few minutes later I looked on the web and saw it at 102. It was obviously rising and I caught it at 99 on your app.  I just checked the sensor and it's reporting 114 on your app.  Sorry for the mistake.

It is working, my mistake. Yesterday I saw an outside sensor reporting 99. A few minutes later I looked on the web and saw it at 102. It was obviously rising and I caught it at 99 on your app.  I just checked the sensor and it's reporting 114 on your app.  Sorry for the mistake.

I'm jealous. I'll trade you your 114 for my 28!  ;)

Keep an eye out for v1.9

-Energy Usage and Cost Screen
-Minor bug fixes

Wow very nice.  The Energy Usage screen is fantastic.  Thank you for your efforts.  One thing that I am experiencing is when I hit the back arrow to exit, I just get to a blank screen with the dashboard waiting to reload.  I used to be able to just hit the back arrow again and it would exit..  Hitting the back arrow will not allow me to exit now.  I am now unable to exit at all

Wow very nice.  The Energy Usage screen is fantastic.  Thank you for your efforts.  One thing that I am experiencing is when I hit the back arrow to exit, I just get to a blank screen with the dashboard waiting to reload.  I used to be able to just hit the back arrow again and it would exit..  Hitting the back arrow will not allow me to exit now.  I am now unable to exit at all

Yes, I've had a lot of trouble with that back button. In the end, I just got fed up with it and made it so you can only go back to Dashboard. I'll fix it in the future, but it just got the better of me so I gave up for now.

Keep an eye out for v1.9

-Energy Usage and Cost Screen
-Minor bug fixes

Very nice job Yuriy!  It's amazing what you have done with this app in such a short period of time.  The additional features are fabulous. 

Suggestion,

Just for aesthetics and continuity under Energy Usage I would make the estimated value at the bottom of the graphs with a decimal and report in kWh instead of Wh and change the font to match the values on either side.

Under all screens in energy usage for cost it populates an amount until the end of the period, past today until the end of the month for monthly and past this month until the end of the year for yearly.  The usage section only populates the amount until the current time, today using monthly or this month using yearly.

Is this something that could be changed to only show data under the cost section through the current period?.

Under all screens in energy usage for cost it populates an amount until the end of the period, past today until the end of the month for monthly and past this month until the end of the year for yearly.  The usage section only populates the amount until the current time, today using monthly or this month using yearly.

Is this something that could be changed to only show data under the cost section through the current period?.

Iris reports projected amounts for cost but not for usage. I'd like to keep it as it is to match the charts on the website so that both display consistent data. May possibly make it a setting in the future where you can pick to keep the projected data or not though.

Keep an eye for v2.0

-Camera Screen

-Bug fixes

This version completes the list of features included in the official app! Baring any major bugs reported by you guys I am going to release this to production this coming week to give everyone access to it.

Keep an eye for v2.0

-Camera Screen
-Bug fixes

This version completes the list of features included in the official app! Baring any major bugs reported by you guys I am going to release this to production this coming week to give everyone access to it.

Is this on play now?

Keep an eye for v2.0

-Camera Screen
-Bug fixes

Hi Yuriy,

I think I found a small bug.  I have two Iris cameras on my system.  If I play one of them, I am unable to play the other one afterwards,  It looks like it is going to start but doesn't, it just flashes back to the camera screen. The other camera remains unplayable until I reboot.

Edit: Further testing shows that you must hit the stop button (or is that  record button?) for the camera played first even though the app reports that the camera has stopped.  After that the second camera will play normally.

Hi Yuriy,

I think I found a small bug.  I have two Iris cameras on my system.  If I play one of them, I am unable to play the other one afterwards,  It looks like it is going to start but doesn't, it just flashes back to the camera screen. The other camera remains unplayable until I reboot.

Edit: Further testing shows that you must hit the stop button (or is that  record button?) for the camera played first even though the app reports that the camera has stopped.  After that the second camera will play normally.

The red button is record. Does this only happen when playing first and then second camera? It's working fine for me if I play the same camera back to back. Also, how are you returning to the camera screen? By clicking on the video feed when android navigation buttons are visible (click to show then click to return) or by clicking the back button?

I am returning to the camera screen by hitting the back arrow and it was happening after playing the first camera.....hitting the back arrow and playing the second camera.  The odd thing is now hours later (now) it is working fine.   Just disregard for now and I will keep an eye on it.  Could have been something crossed up in cache or something.