Alternate Android App
8 8

221 posts in this topic

If I lose Internet connectivity then the app crashes anyone else see that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yes.  Happens repetitively.  I get the Iris+ has crashed error message 4 or 5 times during a 2 hour airplane ride with no internet connectivity.

This may have been covered before, but not sure. Will the Iris+ APP respond in some way when an alarm occurs? What i was looking at is setting this type of notification as a priority in android so it will announce itself even if my phone is in quiet time. Hope that made sense.

New update coming - I know it's been a while! This one is a bit risky as I did a lot of coding changes to make it easier for me to move to V2 if it becomes possible in the future. Please make all attempt to back up the current APK before upgrading. This update is going to the Beta status for now so will only be available if you signed up for the beta testing of Iris+.

The main risks will be with the Power Meter and Care as I do not currently have either of those on my account so I was not able to do any testing with them. If you are not using either of those then your risk should be minimal - I've been running this version for about a month now with no issues. If you do use them, let me know if everything looks good or if there are any issues.

Here are some changes. Mainly stability upgrades so you should see less crashes if you were getting any before. Few bug fixes. One new feature with setting night mode - if you want to only set your night mode if everyone is at home just specify number of devices which need to be home for the alarm to set.

v2.12: New Features, Bug Fixes

-Added Use Multi Threading option in Settings to add ability to toggle simultaneous Iris updates (speed performance). Some devices may have issues requiring turning this option off
-Fixed a bug where dimmer % was not showing up in Controls on some devices
-Fixed a bug with multiple thermostats
-Added a check for internet availability to prevent crashes due to lack of internet access (Notification can be turned on/off in Settings using App Notifications checkbox)
-Added Night On Min Devices setting to set the minimum number of devices present at home for automatic night mode to be set
-Fixed Voice Widget permission, which was incorrectly showing for non-premium users (Sorry)
-Miscellaneous crash fixes

PLEASE NOTE THAT IRIS+ ONLY WORKS ON V1 HUB!!!

Your the man. I'll check it out with my Power Meter to see how it functions. Love the IRIS+ app, thou it does crash my phone a few times or just quits. But, I put up with those quirks because it's a great app. Love it's simplicity. Thanks yuri.

Just wanted to say, I love the Iris+ app and I'm happy that I paid for Premium.  I also installed the beta app today, seems to be working flawlessly, although I have a small system that doesn't include the power meter or care.

In the Presence settings, it looks like I can trigger Home mode by having it detect when I connect to my home Wifi.  

So, to do this I set these settings under Presence:  

• Use Location = Checked
  • Use IFTTT for Presence = NOT checked
  • Home Wifi = MyNetgearSSID
  • Device Name = 34b43ee433abfde
  • Set Autoaway = NOT checked
  • Set Autohome = Checked

Now, it keeps asking me to "Please log in to Dropbox by going to the Presence screen".   Do I really need to do the Dropbox setup to just get it to set Auto Home when it connects to my wifi?

Now, it keeps asking me to "Please log in to Dropbox by going to the Presence screen".   Do I really need to do the Dropbox setup to just get it to set Auto Home when it connects to my wifi?

Yes, Dropbox is required for this feature to work.

In the Presence settings, it looks like I can trigger Home mode by having it detect when I connect to my home Wifi.  

So, to do this I set these settings under Presence:  

• Use Location = Checked
  • Use IFTTT for Presence = NOT checked
  • Home Wifi = MyNetgearSSID
  • Device Name = 34b43ee433abfde
  • Set Autoaway = NOT checked
  • Set Autohome = Checked

Dropbox account is required in order for two or more people in the same household being able to share the presence feature. Otherwise, if one person leaves, the alarm will be set even if the other person is still home.

v2.13 was pushed for the beta users. Few updates here:

-Marshmallow compatibility
-Custom notification ringtones
-Additional thermostat IFTTT automation rules (Ex: Thermostat=On, Thermostat=Cool, Thermostat=Schedule)
-House Guest/Babysitter mode (Security tab - prevents alarm from being set when registered phones leave)
-Updated Thermostat screen (in Auto climate mode, click on current temperature to toggle heat/cool spinner)
-Added setting to set min/max temperatures for the spinner to avoid accidentally setting wrong temperature
-Prevent app from trying to access internet while in Airplane mode

Obligatory note: This is for V1 only. As always let me know of any questions/issues/comments/requests.

If you are one of the lucky enough to upgrade to Android M you will need this update as there are some changes in the operating system which broke scheduling and presence features. When you first open the app, you will get a prompt to let Iris+ ignore battery optimizations. You must accept it - otherwise the automation/presence features will not work correctly. This is due to M's doze mode putting apps to deep sleep.

Upgrade keeps crashing. Will send logs.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Looks like there was a bug with the progress dialog notifications. I pushed a new update to fix this so keep an eye out for it.

Can I get the Iris+ app to work with the version 2 hub? I can get into the the v1 app without creating an account and I dont want to put my card info in.

Not at this point.  There is no API for v2.  That being said you no longer need to enter a cc number to set up your v2 account.