More Control of the "Smart" Button

2 posts in this topic

So as best I can tell we can configure a "Smart Button" as one of the following:

1) "Panic" Button, which is somewhat ill-defined and less than granular in terms of control

2) a doorbell

3) a magic rule button (now we are cooking with gas, right?)

a) Toggle Power

B) record video for 1 minute.  

Wow.  That's all?  How about giving us more control over the magic rules for this button.  Maybe I want it to exist as a real panic button...within my wife's reach between her and the .45 so that at her touch it will turn up every siren that I have, turn on (not toggle) the "Every Light in the House" group, turn on the party strobes, and turn on the power to my sound system's tape player input warning any intruder that they have about three seconds to identify themselves before the dogs are unleashed from their crate door. 

So as best I can tell we can configure a "Smart Button" as one of the following:

1) "Panic" Button, which is somewhat ill-defined and less than granular in terms of control

2) a doorbell

3) a magic rule button (now we are cooking with gas, right?)

a) Toggle Power

B) record video for 1 minute.  

Wow.  That's all?  How about giving us more control over the magic rules for this button.  Maybe I want it to exist as a real panic button...within my wife's reach between her and the .45 so that at her touch it will turn up every siren that I have, turn on (not toggle) the "Every Light in the House" group, turn on the party strobes, and turn on the power to my sound system's tape player input warning any intruder that they have about three seconds to identify themselves before the dogs are unleashed from their crate door. 

Im sure you can configure the rules currently to do that.....