MyQ Garage Door Opener With Iris
1 1

16 posts in this topic

I know that dusterp was able to connect the Iris garage door opener to his MyQ system but I think that I have stumbled across a simpler solution.  Below is a link that takes you to an tutorial which will walk you through attaching the Iris opener (or any home automation controller) directly to the garage door button on the wall.  Looks simple enough, I am thinking about doing this.  Any thoughts? 

http://www.007systems.com/blog/how-to-automate-your-chamberlain-or-liftmaster-myq-garage-door-opener-with-home-automation-controller-like-the-vera

This is all I did but with the visor remote instead. This way I can actually mount my Iris GDO any where with in range of the visor remote. Its still in the garage for the beeper though. I figured better to mess with the visor remote vs jacking up the wall one. That button they reference is the same thing on the visor but there's three of them in case you mess it up. Plus you get two visor remotes and can pick one up cheap if needed. The wall buttons are hard to find and expensive if you mess them up.

Had to replace my old garage door motor with a new liftmaster " MyQ" that wont work with my  Iris GDO, But I  remember I saw this post by dusterp not so long ago,just did the same thing and my Iris GDO is back working..Thanks for the info and pic dusterp.. :)

This was working for a year or so and for some reason it's not working. I'm thinking it's the remote. Reason being I changed the battery and hit the button the the hacked remote and nothing.

But I was wondering if I could just wire it to the same spot on my liftmaster as the wired button is? 

On 7/29/2018 at 12:20 AM, Vettester said:

Yes, the LiftMaster is an Iris supported GDO.

I tried it. GDO flashes but I keep getting Al alert for am obstruction. As soon as I open it with any other remote it clears it.use Iris and there's an obstruction.

Any ideas. Im probably missing something easy.just getting frustrated

On 7/31/2018 at 5:56 PM, Vettester said:

Have you got the GDO connected to the same terminals as your push button?

https://dtv98j71ej9a1.cloudfront.net/Sites/Iris/Documents/Garage+Door+Controller+Installation+Manual+(1).pdf

If you have a one of the following LiftMaster MyQ Models you'll have to apply the hack @dusterp posted.

8355, 8360, 8500, 8550, 8557, 8587 & 8165

Yes sir. They are connected to the same terminals. My model is 8365. Maybe I need to find that hack and try it anyway?