Sump Pump Alarm
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I just put in a new battery backup sump pump. It has alarm contacts on it allowing me to attach a normally open or normally closed sensor. Does anyone have any experience hooking up this kind of contact to Iris?

I have an Iris water sensor in the sump pit too, so I know if things are getting very bad, but I'd like to know when the backup subsystem is failing via it's alarm attached to Iris.

Thanks,

Mike

Woah! That's an awesome hack.

At Keen Home we're working on a sump pump monitor that will be released next year. If anyone is interested in participating, we're currently conducting market research to gauge what people need in such a solution.

I took it let me know if you need help testing.

I'd also be interested in testing

I have a primary pump + backup pump + alarm.  (Get a ton of water down there)

I'd be interested in a 2 stage alarm...  I suppose I could solve this problem with just 2 IRIS alarms, for example I have my primary alarm a few inches above the water line on my primary pump.  If the power goes out the backup will kick in and the water line for that 8-10" higher.  If IRIS contacts me I know my primary is out (either power or failure) but I don't know if my backup is running.  Would be nice to have a 2-stage / height sensor to know what's going on in this scenario.

PM me if you are looking for any testers

Hey everyone. Sorry I was MIA for a bit. Was on vacation  default_laugh.png

You can find the link for the market research survey here. We'll be doing formal alpha and beta test next year. 

Took it also, curious, sounds interesting.

Oops just saw it was three years old, oh well missed it I guess.