Create your own magic with IrisPlus
8 8

69 posts in this topic

My IF is not automatically running or deleting the files in my Apps/IrisPlus folder. What troubleshooting steps should I take?

Check and see if your "Custom Rules (IFTTT/Tasker) setting is enabled in Settings. You may need to restart the app as well. If it is still not running, check and see if the IFTTT rule gets triggered and writes a file to your Dropbox. Speaking of, I assume you linked the Dropbox account to Iris+ and using the same Dropbox account for your IFTTT rules as well?

I think if you get all of the above correct it should work for you.

My IF is not automatically running or deleting the files in my Apps/IrisPlus folder. What troubleshooting steps should I take?

Also, You will need to go to Presence in Iris+ to be to receive a prompt to connect to your dropbox account.

Thanks!

In my case, it was impatience. It took longer for the file to appear in the folder than I anticipated.

DO buttons are working fine; just need to get the IF to work now. The trigger will be connecting to/disconnecting from my home WiFi.

Chon: Not a real iOS friendly board around here. Mostly android folks from what I've seen.

Keep meaning to go poke around a few places to see f I can find someone willing to work on helping get it ported. (I'm NOT the dev, just a bit of a techie).

Chon: Not a real iOS friendly board around here. Mostly android folks from what I've seen.

Keep meaning to go poke around a few places to see f I can find someone willing to work on helping get it ported. (I'm NOT the dev, just a bit of a techie).

I've done some basic Swift stuff but I don't really know Objective-C.  Now if we were only needing a PHP programmer. :P

Seems the program is only crashing for me on FireStick after login.  I can get no further.  I'll do some research on how to debug in android and figure out why it's crashing.

It's crashing due to the Google Billing API - Amazon does not allow it in its apps. I have it on my list to add Amazon's billing api and publish it to the Amazon app store so that it will work (hopefully) on the Fire devices. It's on the list, however, I don't have any timeframe on when this would happen.

Is anyone doing anything using motion-based triggers for lights, etc.? I'm looking for an alternative to the (only useful) magic rule of turning a light on after hours via motion trigger...I'm on iOS so IFTTT is my only option as far as triggering goes. Any chance for scheduling this in Iris+? Am I just missing something?

Note to Lowes - if you included useful magic rules like setting my thermostats via triggers such as presence, I'd gladly give you your $10/month back...What you offer now is very poorly done. You should pay Yuri $10/month for his ingenuity...

Hey guys. Need a little help here. Premium user as of today, just found out about this, truthfully. Been looking for a way to integrate IFTTT w/ Iris for a long time now. IOS user, but I have a dedicated Galaxy S4 just for the app. When trying to write the trigger in the Dropbox folder, it looks like this. Doesn't trigger anything. I've linked DB to the app. What am I doing wrong?

post-4393-0-70898200-1440961457_thumb.jpg

I'm still not doing something right. Renamed file to "rule Alarm-AWAY" w/o qoutes, nothing seems to be working. Also, keeps adding texts, not overwriting them. Can someone share some recipes w/ me? Thx.