Create your own magic with IrisPlus
8 8

69 posts in this topic

I edited post #52 above for clarity.  See that.

LMBO! I had it checked, but when I restarted the app, everything updated. About that time my wife walked out the door and the alarm went off.

It works! Thanks for your help. I'm sure I'll be asking for more.

LMBO! I had it checked, but when I restarted the app, everything updated. About that time my wife walked out the door and the alarm went off.

It works! Thanks for your help. I'm sure I'll be asking for more.

I am glad you got it going.  You ask for help anytime.  There are a lot of members here that are ready, willing and able to get things sorted out.

As of last night everything was working great. I left the galaxy plugged in and in range of my home WiFi, with IrisPlus running. This morning I'm trying to do the same operations through the do button with my iPhone as I was last night and nothing is happening. Any suggestions?

As of last night everything was working great. I left the galaxy plugged in and in range of my home WiFi, with IrisPlus running. This morning I'm trying to do the same operations through the do button with my iPhone as I was last night and nothing is happening. Any suggestions?

Does the file get created in the IrisPlus folder in your Dropbox account when you use the DO button? Once the file is created it is then picked up and processed by Iris+ and then deleted. Also, go into your running apps and make sure Iris+ automation service is running on your phone and not getting killed. I've had an issue like that before where I installed one of the cleaners and it was killing the process by default.

I noticed one thing with the thermostats...maybe it is because I have 2 of them, but when I open the app and navigate to Tstats, everything loads fine.

However, if I change the setting of the one that is displayed by default (downstairs in this case) it switches back to the originally set temp right after "updating..." appears.

Once I switch to the other Tstat, and go back to the first one, it works just fine.

Not a big deal, but I just sent you the logs in case you have time to take a look at what might cause this.

I noticed one thing with the thermostats...maybe it is because I have 2 of them, but when I open the app and navigate to Tstats, everything loads fine.

However, if I change the setting of the one that is displayed by default (downstairs in this case) it switches back to the originally set temp right after "updating..." appears.

Once I switch to the other Tstat, and go back to the first one, it works just fine.

Not a big deal, but I just sent you the logs in case you have time to take a look at what might cause this.

Does the new temperature stick or does it not set the temperature to the new one and keeps the old one on the actual thermostat? Mainly, I just want to know if it sets the temperature and just doesn't reflect in Iris+ until you go to the second thermostat and then come back to the first one or if the temperature doesn't set at all.

One other question: are there any new or updated commands?

Specifically, I'm looking for controlling things like the Tstats for presence, hold, schedule in addition to just the temp. Thanks!

There haven't been any new commands. Good suggestion. I'll add it to the list.

I downloaded Iris+ to my phone.  It's asking me for my Iris log in.  But, it won't except it.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using the 2nd generation hub and software currently.

I have a 3 properties with Iris system (Home, Office and Summer Home). I tried with one system- office works good. I have dedicated android tablet just for the office, i my self use iPhone. I was able to setup my iPhone to set to home mode my Office when i arrived in the parking lot. Everything looks good. Now my question is- how do i setup my iPhone to control home and summer home? I will put android with IrisPlus for each system. But how do i setup separate dropbox accounts to send information to Home and Summer Home systems. Basicly i wanna to be able my iPhone automaticly unlock (set to Home mode) 3 separate Iris Hubs (3 different properties). If i will use the same dropbox account for all 3 systems, then they all will unlock at the same time.

I have a 3 properties with Iris system (Home, Office and Summer Home). I tried with one system- office works good. I have dedicated android tablet just for the office, i my self use iPhone. I was able to setup my iPhone to set to home mode my Office when i arrived in the parking lot. Everything looks good. Now my question is- how do i setup my iPhone to control home and summer home? I will put android with IrisPlus for each system. But how do i setup separate dropbox accounts to send information to Home and Summer Home systems. Basicly i wanna to be able my iPhone automaticly unlock (set to Home mode) 3 separate Iris Hubs (3 different properties). If i will use the same dropbox account for all 3 systems, then they all will unlock at the same time.

Is it possible to link 3 different Dropbox accounts to IFTTT? I'm not sure if they let you do this or not but if so then you can setup 3 different recipes for 3 different locations which would write presence file appropriately. Otherwise, I don't see any other way to do it.

I think only one dropbox account i need. But 3 separate folders. I would need that IrisPlus could choose a folder. Let say apps/irisplus1 for first iris hub (office), apps/irisplus2 for second iris hub (home), and apps/irisplus3 for third iris hub. Remember- i will be using the same iPhone for 3 different iris hubs (accounts). When i will reach my office destination IFTTT will triger and send comand to apps/iriplus1 folder then my office (irisplus1) will get message. And when i will reach my home destination- then IFTTT will send text to to a different dropbox folder (apps/irisplus2) and then my home iris hub will receive a comand. I just need somehow in IrisPlus to choose which folder in dropbox. Right now by default IrisPlus is using apps/irisplus. Is there any way to make the change which folder in dropbox IrisPlus is using?

All Iris+ version 2 posts that were erroneously posted to this thread, which is about version 1, have been moved to the Iris+ version 2 thread. This thread has been locked since Iris version 1 has been shut down.

http://forum.livingwithiris.com/index.php?/topic/3439-iris-for-gen-2-alternative-android-application/