Hubitat V1 Motion Sensor support is flaky
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Warning, the Hubitat V1 Motion Sensor support if really flaky.  The V1 plugs work well; but, the motion sensor support is lacking.   Today I notices only one of may 8 motion sensors was working with the Lighting app.   I turned on logging and received no data from the failing sensors.  I then removed one of the broken sensors and re-added it.  It took several attempts; but, once added the working one stopped working.  I guess I should do a complete reset of all the devices and try again.  Also did a restore from the last working config before which worked yesterday before resetting anything.   😞 ... Not ready for prime time..  Has anyone seen reliable v1 sensor support with several sensors?

7 minutes ago, Mike2019 said:

Warning, the Hubitat V1 Motion Sensor support if really flaky.  The V1 plugs work well; but, the motion sensor support is lacking.   Today I notices only one of may 8 motion sensors was working with the Lighting app.   I turned on logging and received no data from the failing sensors.  I then removed one of the broken sensors and re-added it.  It took several attempts; but, once added the working one stopped working.  I guess I should do a complete reset of all the devices and try again.  Also did a restore from the last working config before which worked yesterday before resetting anything.   😞 ... Not ready for prime time..  Has anyone seen reliable v1 sensor support with several sensors?

I’ve currently got three V1 motions connected. They’ve all been stable and they all report when expected.  I have got two really dense Zigbee meshes with almost 100 devices in each so my environment probably is not similar to yours. do know that there are some V1 driver  improvements coming out in the next release targeting battery powered device since there have been some reports of devices going offline. 

On 4/4/2019 at 9:37 PM, Mike2019 said:

Thanks IrisUsers,  this all started when I replaced the batteries in some of my motion sensors.   I think I now need to complete reset zigbee since all my motions sensors are now fouled up.

Been away at a conference for a few days.  If you are still having issues, turn your hub off (completely power down) for 15-20 minutes.  This will cause all of your zigbee to go into a "paic mode" and try to seek out their coordinator.  Unlike Z-Wave, this is how you rebuild a Zigbee network.  After 15 miutes power the hub back up.  Your Xigbee mesh will begin to rebuild itself.  Depending on how many devices you have, this could take an hour, or a day.  Everything will be operational during this time, but performance may appear to be sluggish due to all of the stack-related traffic (route discovery messages, requests, etc)