Iris 1st Gen Hardware Available

11 posts in this topic

If anyone is interested I have a bunch of mostly 1st Gen Iris hardware available. Many motion sensors but a list of other stuff I won't bother to list.

If you're looking for something list it here and I'll get back to you.

I hung on to this stuff for a while because I thought I might go over to Arcus or some other system that was compatible with these devices. Since I can't get them to work with SmartThings without creating a bunch of custom device drivers I have decided to sell them.

Thanks.

I agree I'm using a number of my old v1 hardware (mostly contact sensors but one button as well) on my parents Hubitat, in fact I was running that system offline for about 6 months with an Aeotec Gen 5 Doorbell loaded with a bunch of pre-made mp3 files for speech notifications and a variable in the user interface for text notifications with all automations and notifications for water leaks and doors left open working perfectly.  However since then they've gotten internet so they could get notifications when not at home as well.  The only v1 device I know doesn't work with Hubitat is the keypad.  All of the v2 and v3 devices do work as well as almost any zigbee/z-wave device that works with ST.

It was a shame as Systronic got the V1 keypads working, but I am not sure what went on with them.  Their development just seem to stop.  I am using almost all V1 stuff in my shop with Hubitat, Contact sensors smart plugs and Buttons.  but HE never got the V1 keypads working.  I had hoped to use them when I moved over to HE.

Found another stash of some IRIS 1g motion sensors and a couple door switches.

I also have some tilt switches and door hinge switches which from what I have been able to descern are not compatible with SmartThings because they are the C4/IRIS version not he HA vesion. So if anyone has a need for these let me know.

If anyone is interested let me know. Otherwise I'll hang on to it and sell it at the next local Hamfest in August 2021.