List of Devices that Work with Iris w/o "Works with Iris"?
3 3

88 posts in this topic

This is a list of Devices that aren't officially endorsed by Lowes at the moment but are Z-Wave or Zigbee and theoretically could work; and some do. 

Post any devices you have tried in this topic and I'll add your contributions to the list. Give as much info as possible, but of course any info is good. If you can find a link you want to include (like the ones below to Amazon) include that too.

Updated 09/03/2014; added a "Works?" tab for easier skimming of functionality.

• Aeon Home Energy Monitor
    • Pairs?: N​o.
    • Works?: No.
    • Url: Amazon Link; note: "The Aeon meter is this one but with an AC plug. Most of what I've found are battery operated. The Iris version will be the AC plug. (via scunnyngham)
    • FunctionalityThe hub sounded as if it paired but the device never showed up. 2 days later I received an email that the device had been disconnected and the email had the proper device name (via scunnyngham)
  • Alert Me Key Fob
    • Pairs?: Yes.
    • Works?: Yes.
    • ​​UrlEbay Link (might not be a permanent link)
    • Functionality "Works perfect" (via thegrider)
  • Ecolink Z-Wave PIR Motion Detector
    • Pairs?: Yes
    • Works?: No.
    • ​​Url: Amazon Link
    • Functionality Paired successfully, but showed up as an unknown device.  Not much more to be done with it at that point, so I returned it. (via peng1can)
  • Everspring AN145 Z-Wave Screw-In Lamp Socket ON/OFF Module
    • Works?: Yes
    • ​​Url: Amazon Link
    • FunctionalityMagic Rules work (via Smooth1SITF)
  • Linear WD500Z-1 Z-Wave 500 Watt Wall Mount Dimmer Switch
    • Works? Yes.
    • ​​UrlAmazon Link
    • FunctionalityMagic Rules work; shows up as a generic "multilevel switch"; green led (via JoelGarnick)
  • Linear WS15Z Switch
    • Works? Yes (see functionality).
    • ​​UrlAmazon Link
    • Functionality: Magic Rules work; synched with no issues at all to the system, seems like I can program it like any other switch, but when added it appears as a "Binary Switch";  theres no way to turn the light off or reverse switch; green led (via thegrider)
  • Kwikset Deadbolt:
    • ​​Pairs?: Yes.
    • Works? Yes, partially (see functionality).
    • Url:  Amazon Link
    • Functionality
      • On/off and buzz in functions; showed as a device in magic and would let you add a rule but the rule did not execute. (via scunnyngham)
      • Tried [this lock] with no consistent results. (via wchughes5)
  • Yale Security YRD220:
    • ​​Pairs?: Yes (see below)
    • Works?: Yes (see below)
    • Url:  Amazon Link
    • Functionality: 
      • Update: the Yale YRD220-ZW-619 is functioning well and magic rules seem to be working (via wchughes5).
      • Previous Functionality note: I got the lock to pair once and then it went missing. Now I can't seem to get it to pair again or even to get it to recognize it is out of the network. I've tried taking the hub to it, but I'm going to take it off the door tomorrow and move it to the hub to see if that will work. One disclaimer about the ones I got was that they appear to be originally meant for an ATT system. The network card says ATT on it, but it is z-wave as well. I'm not sure if this is an issue or not. (via wchughes5)
  • The non Iris labeled Blue Line Innovations Optical Sensor (meter reader) and WiFi bridge work.  I bought an older model on eBay based on the suggestion of another forum post and it works fine.  You can even flash the WiFi bridge with Iris firmware. (via InkyRag)
  • Works?: Yes
  • ​​Url:
  • FunctionalityMagic Rules work

There is at least 2 versions, the official version working with Iris ref. BE469IRCAM619 IR standing for Iris but and there is also the BE469NXCAM619  working with Nexia.

I just installed the Nexia version with Iris, and it works perfectly!

Why does that care? you can find the Nexia version way cheaper online! I got mine for $83, instead of the $199 at Lowe's. via(Francky)

• Works?: Yes
  • ​​Url:
  • FunctionalityMagic Rules work

Original Post:

Hi All,

I've looked around the web for a list of what devices will work with Iris w/o actually being endorsed. Thus far, I haven't found one. If you have, let me know. If not:

I'd be interested in gathering and collating the (anecdotal) info from you guys about what devices work and each device's level of function. So, feel free to post that info here and I'll make up a single list and post it here in this thread.

Thanks!

J.

This is something that would be grate to add on this site. No, there is not an "Official" page from Lowe's or Iris with that info. also, Lowe's DOES NOT have accurate info on thier site either. There is a lot of data missing. I have found a lot of stuff you can order directly from the mfg that Lowe's does not have on site yet. hpllao77, if your monitoring, can you add a page to this site and some of us can start collecting info to add it to the page.

Can you start us off by posting what you have? I know you have the light bulb module. Here's what I'm thinking:

List the product name and manufacturer; list whether it pairs or not; then list its level of compatibility with the software and rules.

As people add products I'll update the list. If hp wants to eventually put it somewhere else, that'll be fine, but I'll start it here in this thread by editing my original post with the list.

J.

hpliao77, yeah the CMS that your using (WordPress) is very limited on capabilities. It only does a few things. You shuld have created this site as a Joomla site and could have customized a lot of stuff on it into a comminity. I build a few sites here and there. Take a look at a small one I have done, www.texasareamarines.org & www.mcllonghorn.org They are both Joomla websites. The possibilities on there are endless

I've used Joomla 1.x before and installed a whole lot of extensions and stuff but at the end it just distracts on what's important and that's the text on each blog and forum post. 

As for listing the items, I'm sure we can figure something out later. 

I've used Joomla 1.x before and installed a whole lot of extensions and stuff but at the end it just distracts on what's important and that's the text on each blog and forum post. 

As for listing the items, I'm sure we can figure something out later. 

Thanks HP. I think you've done a great job by providing us with the best forum available to discuss Iris.

Are we just looking for a short list of the compatible items?

For starters couldn't HP just make a Pinned / Sticky thread  and  he could be the author of the first post,  and as people post items to the on-going thread,  if he'd be willing HP could edit the top posting as needed to consolidate.

I'm sure everyone has seen other forums that have Sticky master threads that keep be updated, right?

Are we just looking for a short list of the compatible items?

For starters couldn't HP just make a Pinned / Sticky thread  and  he could be the author of the first post,  and as people post items to the on-going thread,  if he'd be willing HP could edit the top posting as needed to consolidate.

I'm sure everyone has seen other forums that have Sticky master threads that keep be updated, right?

I just did it. If HP has a problem with it I'll remove it.  In the meantime please post away.

By the way, I'd suggest that whenever possible we list specific part numbers for the devices that are confirmed to work.   Sometimes a manufacturer sells the same device with only minor differences.   They may be indistinguishable based on the name but can usually be identified by a part number. 

By the way, I'd suggest that whenever possible we list specific part numbers for the devices that are confirmed to work.   Sometimes a manufacturer sells the same device with only minor differences.   They may be indistinguishable based on the name but can usually be identified by a part number. 

I've noticed that with the Schlage locks, those for Iris always have an "ir" in the part number.

I agree--when available give as much information as possible. On that idea, Scunnyngham--does the two devices I linked to in the first post seem to be the right ones? I know you said you didn't have much time to check.

J.

I agree--when available give as much information as possible. On that idea, Scunnyngham--does the two devices I linked to in the first post seem to be the right ones? I know you said you didn't have much time to check.

J.

The Aeon meter is this one but with an AC plug. Most of what I've found are battery operated. The Iris version will be the AC plug.

http://www.amazon.com/Aeotec-DSB28xxx-ZWUS-Z-Wave-Energy-Edition/dp/B00FKJBUX2

This one on the Kwikset

http://www.amazon.com/Kwikset-SmartCode-Electronic-Deadbolt-featuring/dp/B004F1B24I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404578309&sr=8-1&keywords=kwikset+deadbolt+z-wave

So- I take it that the Schlage and Kwikset smart locks that are Z-Wave compatible (e.g, on Amazon) are not necessarily IRIS compatible?

I believe you are correct.  I was told last year by an Alertme principal that Iris branded devices have their own firmware. What I've found is that it may pair with Iris but will have only basic on/off functionality and no magic rules which is the beauty of Iris for me.

On the previous forum someone had reported that the Yale touchscreen lock available on Amazon worked with IRIS. Can anyone verify that part number on that?

(Add the Yale locks to stuff promised but not delivered for no discernible reason.)

Has anyone tried to pair one of the Linear Z-Wave Isolated Contact Fixture Modules with IRIS?  I wonder if the guts in the garage controller are the same and it would pair?

Z-Wave Isolated Contact Fixture Module. The Linear FS20Z-1 Isolated Contact Fixture Module can be mounted in a single- or multi-gang electrical box to operate loads or control relay-based devices. The relay can be isolated for dry contact applications or powered to switch live loads. This device can operate loads of up to 277v. Possible Applications: Commercial Lighting, In-Ceiling Lighting Dry-Contact Relays, Pool Pumps, Water Heaters. The Contact Fixture integrates with other Linear Z-Wave enabled products, and can also act as a wireless repeater to ensure that commands intended for another device in the network are received (useful when a device would otherwise be out of radio range).

51T7OTR0IUL._SL1500_.jpg

So- I take it that the Schlage and Kwikset smart locks that are Z-Wave compatible (e.g, on Amazon) are not necessarily IRIS compatible?

The Schladge locks are compatible with Iris regardless if it says works with Iris or not. The only one that you have to be careful with is the regular door lock one. There are 2 versions, I believe one is $129 and the other is $200. The $129 does not pair to anything, so you have to get the $200 one.

I bought the Nest version of the touch screen before Lowes released the Iris version and it works just fine, no issues.

Before I bought the lock, I contacted Schladge directly and the had responded to me that it would work and that the signals were the same.

Has anyone tried to pair one of the Linear Z-Wave Isolated Contact Fixture Modules with IRIS?  I wonder if the guts in the garage controller are the same and it would pair?

Z-Wave Isolated Contact Fixture Module. The Linear FS20Z-1 Isolated Contact Fixture Module can be mounted in a single- or multi-gang electrical box to operate loads or control relay-based devices. The relay can be isolated for dry contact applications or powered to switch live loads. This device can operate loads of up to 277v. Possible Applications: Commercial Lighting, In-Ceiling Lighting Dry-Contact Relays, Pool Pumps, Water Heaters. The Contact Fixture integrates with other Linear Z-Wave enabled products, and can also act as a wireless repeater to ensure that commands intended for another device in the network are received (useful when a device would otherwise be out of radio range).

51T7OTR0IUL._SL1500_.jpg

I wonder if you can use this to say, attach to large appliances, IE a wall type Electric oven, AC unit ect to monitor power consumption like the smart plug.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1OVFAK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Haven't tried any magic with it yet, but I just added the Linear WD500Z to my iris system. This is a 500W max dimmer switch with a common wire. I'm using it on 4 Sylvania Ultra LED floods (11W each) and it is working flawlessly so far. I installed a GE dimmer over the weekend and had all kinds of problems (off left the bulbs glowing, dimming caused "strobing", turning up to 100% dimmed the bulbs down to the same brightness I got when I turned the switch off).

I'll report back when I get a chance to test magic...

EDIT 1:  Couple observations:
* led is green (just be aware in case you have a bunch of ge devices and you are concerned about uniformity)
* led it on when switch is off (same default behavior as ge switches)
* wiring is stranded pigtail (blue, black, green, white) instead of the terminal type (such as ge switches)

EDIT 2:

* Shows up as a generic "multilevel switch"

* magic works (confirmed that a contact sensor opening will trigger the switch to come on)

* I would guess the same concerns about fan speed control would apply here as the ge dimmer...it has the same function and cycles through at 10% level increments